If you’re recently engaged, I’m sure you have a million things zooming through your minds right now.
Take a deep breath. It will all come together. Focus on one of the top decisions you must make before anything else.
You can’t plan the rest of your wedding until you have selected your venue. Below are a few tips and suggestions to help you with this process.
Four Questions to Ask Yourself
1) How many guests will be invited and how mobile will they be?
2) Do you want a religious ceremony?
3) How much are you willing to work – or do you want to take on extra responsibilities?
4) Do you want to have the ceremony & reception at the same place?
Traditional Location is Ideal For….
* couples with religious ties
* large guest list
* personal significance
Destination Location is Ideal For…
* want a small, intimate affair
* personal connection to the destination
* research marriage license requirements
* will be more expensive for guests
Unique Location is Ideal For…
* couples who want to express themselves in a fun way
* cost can be unpredictable.
* weddings may not be main source of revenue
* get in writing about liquor license
* make sure it can hold your guest count
* may be required to obtain liability insurance
Things to Bring During Venue Scouting
3) Venue Checklist
Most important tip I can provide you is to have fun! This is one of the best parts of the wedding planning!