, , , , , ,

I was recently reading an article in Modern Bride about the steps needed to change your name, if you are deciding to adopt your fiance’s last name – here a few helpful hints:

1) Order 4-5 extra certified copies of your marriage license. You’ll need these to submit to Social Security, Drivers License, and passport divisions.

2) You will need to notify every legal agency that has your maiden name. A few examples are US Postal Service, Employer, Voter Registration, IRS, Legal deeds, Student-loan providers.

You can find helpful hints at missnowmrs.com or namebirdie.com. After answering their forms, your responses will be used to complete notifications letters. (You’ll print & submit yourself as a signature is required). Cost is $19.95 – 29.95.

Happy Planning!